IN PICTURES - Moors held by Yeovil in stalemate - The Solihull Observer

IN PICTURES - Moors held by Yeovil in stalemate

Solihull Editorial 1st Nov, 2021   0

SOLIHULL Moors were forced to settle for a point after they played out a goalless draw with Yeovil Town as both sides finished the game with 10-men at Damson Park.


The hosts had Jordan Cranston sent off in the 63rd minute when he raised his hands at Yeovil’s Tom Knowles.


However, the Glovers were also reduced to 10-men when Max Hunt was dismissed for a professional foul when he brought down Andrew Dallas when through on goal.


Neither side could find a winner in a game of few chances as Solihull extend their unbeaten run to seven matches.


The result leaves Moors in fifth place in the National League table just four points behind leaders Boreham Wood.


Yeovil created the first meaningful chance of the game when Jordan Barnett’s effort from distance floated wide of the post.


Solihull then had a good chance of their own when Cranston’s free-kick from the left was headed over by James Ball from six-yards out.


Cranston and Ball combined again from another set-piece on the opposite touchline only for the latter to thigh the ball behind when in space at the back post.


Yeovil forward Adi Yussuf almost came back to haunt his former club when his deflected effort landed inches wide of Ryan Boot’s left-hand post.


Boot was then called into action early in the second period diving low to his left to keep out Dale Gorman’s driven free-kick from distance.


Referee Thomas Parsons then showed Cranston a straight red card on 63 minutes after he came together with Knowles at a throw-in.


Despite being a man down – Solihull played on the front foot and were denied the opener when Dallas’ effort was kept out by Town keeper Grant Smith at the near post.


And when Dallas was taken out by Hunt shortly after – referee Parsons was left with no choice but to send the Yeovil man off with Dallas one-on-one with Smith.


Substitute Jamey Osborne sent the resulting free-kick over the bar before having a penalty claim waved away after he went down in the box under a challenge from Gorman.


Boot made one final save with his legs after Yeovil broke in-behind the Moors defence only for Callum Maycock to spurn a late chance for Moors when he sliced behind from 10-yards out.


Solihull are next in action in a mouth-watering FA Cup first round clash away at League One side Wigan Athletic on Saturday, November 6 with kick-off at the DW Stadium at 3pm.


Advertise with the Solihull Observer to reach your audience

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Solihull Observer.

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.


Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.