Touchwood comes top at Green World Environment Awards - The Solihull Observer

Touchwood comes top at Green World Environment Awards

Solihull Editorial 29th Jan, 2018 Updated: 29th Jan, 2018   0

TOUCHWOOD proved it was a cut above the rest when it was handed a prestigious accolade at the Green World Environment Awards.

The shopping centre went up against 500 other nominations from around the world, before being named winner of the coveted Environmental Best Practice category.

It was awarded in recognition of the centre’s recycling behaviour change project, which saw the team improve recycling rates across the board.

Initially the shopping centre recycled 40 per cent of its waste on average then after the project started it recycled a phenomenal 98 per cent of materials, with the remaining 2 per cent going towards energy recovery, enabling it to achieve 0 per cent waste to landfill.

The centre’s winning entry will also be published in The Green Book, a leading international work of reference on environmental best practice, designed to inspire others around the world to improve their green credentials.

Paul Wilshere, Property Manager at Touchwood, said: “Sustainability has always sat at the heart of everything we do here at Touchwood and is a subject our whole team is truly passionate about, so it’s absolutely fantastic that our hard work has been recognised internationally.

“We look forward to continuing our efforts to improve our energy efficiency even further.”

The awards are organised by The Green Organisation, an international, independent, non-political, non-profit environment group dedicated to recognising, rewarding and promoting environmental best practice around the world.

Business Directory

From plumbers, to restaurants, we can provide you with all the info you need.


Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.

Public Notices

View and download all of the public notices in the Solihull Observer.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Solihull Observer.