TWO teenagers have been charged with a series of violent home raids in which homeowners were threatened with machetes and hammers.
West Midlands Police arrested 18-year-old Dylan Harrison and a 16-year-old male when they swooped on an address in the Stratford-upon-Avon area on Monday morning (February 11).
On Tuesday the pair were jointly charged with three robberies, four burglaries and two attempted robberies − all of which saw victims targeted for high-value cars − plus one count of car theft.
It’s alleged the teens:
• Stole a VW Golf from Beechwood Park Road in Solihull, on February 3 after smashing their way inside and threatening the victim with a meat cleaver.
• Carjacked a man for his Golf GTi on the driveway of his home in Allesley Road in Olton, on February 7.
• Stole a VW Golf and BMW X1 from Tudor Close in Kings Heath, on February 10 after threatening occupants with a machete.
• Committed a burglary on February 4 in Sarehole Road in Hall Green, in which a VW Golf was taken.
• Carried out two burglaries on February 9 in Avon Road, Shirley − when an Audi SQ5 was stolen − and Linton Road in Solihull, but made off empty-handed.
• Stole three bikes with a combined value of £15,000 from a wood cabin in New Street in Tiddington between January 26 and 28.
• Smashed windows at homes in Arundel Road, Highters Heath, and Saltwells Road in Netherton on February 3 and 10 respectively but fled empty handed.
• And stole a Ford Fiesta on February 9 from Ebmore Drive in Druids Heath.
Harrison, of no fixed address, is separately charged with three burglaries, two on November 12 in Aldgate Grove in Hockley − when a Vauxhall Astra was stolen − and Warwick Road in Olton, and another on December 7 in Kineton Lane inHockley Heath, when an Audi S1 was driven away.
Both were due in Birmingham Magistrates Court on February 13.