NOMINATIONS for Solihull Council’s Civic Honour Awards are now open.
The awards – now in their seventh year – offer residents the opportunity to nominate deserving members of the community for their selflessness.
Commendable individuals can be nominated before Sunday, July 16 in one of the six categories that recognise their ‘noble behaviour’.
The 2017 Civic Honour Awards categories are:
* Creative Arts: An individual who has made a significant contribution to the arts in the Borough. This includes: visual art, theatre, music, photography or dance.
* Community Involvement: An individual or group who has made a real difference in their community.
* Sport: A person who has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to promote sport in Solihull.
* Inspirational Young Person: Someone aged 25 or under who is a real inspiration to their community or who has gained exceptional achievement in their chosen field.
* Making a Difference for Young People: Someone who has given up their time to make a difference for young people in the Borough.
* Mayor’s Award: Someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the lives of people in the Borough, or who has raised the profile of Solihull regionally, nationally or internationally.
Last year’s ceremony was a huge success with winners receiving awards from Solihull Mayor Mike Robinson and meeting representatives of local businesses and organisations.
Mayor Robinson said: “These awards are a great way to recognise those who add so much to our community.
“I really enjoyed last year’s award ceremony and felt we had some terrific winners.
“I’d encourage people to submit their nominations so we can have another great ceremony with some equally deserving winners.”
You can nominate individuals online or download the nomination form from the Solihull Council website at: www.solihull.gov.uk/solihullcivichonours