Pair to go on trial charged with supplying cocaine after a £20million haul seized - The Solihull Observer

Pair to go on trial charged with supplying cocaine after a £20million haul seized

Solihull Editorial 26th Jul, 2023   0

A PAIR of men are to go on trial charged with supplying cocaine after a £20million haul was seized.

Last month West Midlands Police stopped a van in Solihull town centre and found more than £2 million worth of Class A drugs.

The force said following further enquiries we recovered another large amount of cocaine, which combined is worth up to £20million.

On July 24 the men, aged 22 and 27, pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to supply Class A drugs, and were remanded ahead of a trial at Birmingham Crown Court in December.

West Midlands Police said: “It comes as we’re now running Operation Target in a tough stance against a range of serious offences – from drug dealing and burglary, to cyber-crime and fraud.

“Officers are using local intelligence, seizing goods, carrying out warrants and targeting suspects as part of the ongoing operation.”





Announcements

Weddings, Birthdays, Bereavements, Thank you notices, Marriages and more.

Business Directory

From plumbers, to restaurants, we can provide you with all the info you need.

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Solihull Observer.