NOMINATIONS are open for this year’s Civic Honours Awards.
The awards recognise the local unsung heroes who make the borough a better place.
Awards will be handed out in the following seven categories:
* Creative Arts – an individual who has made a contribution to the arts in the borough for instance through visual art, theatre, music, photography, or dance.
* Individual Community Involvement – an individual who has made a real difference in their community.
* Group Community Involvement – a group who has made a real difference in their community.
* Inspirational Young Person – someone aged 25 or under who is a inspiration to their community or who has gained exceptional achievement in their chosen field.
* Making a Difference for Young People – someone who has given up their time to make a difference for young people in Solihull.
* Sport – a person who has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to promote sport in Solihull.
* Mayor’s Award – someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the lives of people of the borough, or who has raised the profile of Solihull regionally, nationally, or internationally.
Solihull Mayor, Councillor Ken Meeson, said: “Across Solihull our lives are enriched by the many unsung heroes who as individuals or through local organisations, work selflessly to make a real difference in our borough.
“The Civic Honours Awards are a great way to recognise and celebrate their contribution, so if you know someone who deserves recognition for all the hard work they do for Solihull – don’t hesitate to nominate them now.”
The deadline for nominations is July 1.
For more or to nominate visit http://www.solihull.gov.uk/solihullcivichonours