NOMINATIONS are now open for this year’s Solihull Civic Honours awards, which recognise the local unsung heroes who make the borough a better place.
Awards will be handed out in the following six categories:
* Creative Arts: an individual who has made a significant contribution to the arts in the borough, for instance visual art, theatre, music, photography or dance.
* Community Involvement: an individual or group who has made a real difference in their community.
* Inspirational Young Person: someone aged 25 or under who is a real inspiration to their community or who has gained exceptional achievement in their chosen field.
* Making a Difference for Young People: someone who has given up their time to make a difference for young people in the borough.
* Sport: a person who has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to promote sport in Solihull.
* Mayor’s Award: someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the lives of people of the borough, or who has raised the profile of Solihull regionally, nationally or internationally.
The Mayor of Solihull, Councillor Stuart Davis, said: “These awards are a great way to recognise the unsung heroes who make Solihull a special place.
“If you know someone who deserves recognition for all the incredible work they do within the borough, then make sure you nominate them.”
The deadline for nominations is Friday, July 12.
To nominate visit www.solihull.gov.uk/solihullcivichonours