KNOWLE Library is preparing to host a health week to help Silhillians lose the extra Christmas weight.
Running from Monday, February 1 to Saturday, February 6, the week will include talks from health professionals, taster massage sessions and health check-ups – all aimed at helping people to make better lifestyle choices.
There will also be specific information for carers and sufferers of diseases such as stroke and dementia.
Places for the taster sessions can be booked, though drop-ins will also be accepted.
The timetable of events in the health week is:
- Monday, February 1, 12pm to 1pm – a talk from Peters LTD on the importance of beneficial gut flora and detoxing for optimal health and wellbeing.
- Tuesday, February 2, 10am to 11am – a visit from Dementia UK to provide information and advice for careers and sufferers.
- Wednesday, February 3, 10am to 1pm – RNIB, Stroke Survivors and Age UK will deliver talks, information and advice.
- Thursday, February 4, 10am to 4pm – Health Exchange will offer check-ups and health information, along with a smoothie bike.
- Friday, February 5, 11am to 3pm – Taster sessions for Indian Head Massage, Reflexology and Pain Genie. Places can be booked, but drop-ins will also be welcome.
- Saturday, February 6, 1pm to 2pm – Taster sessions from the Mindfulness Centre in Knowle.
More information can be found by dropping-in to Knowle Library on the High Street, or by calling 01564 775840.