Fire believed to caused by cannabis cultivation has left two men injured - The Solihull Observer

Fire believed to caused by cannabis cultivation has left two men injured

Solihull Editorial 28th Jul, 2016 Updated: 21st Oct, 2016   0

AN EXPLOSION believe to caused by cannabis cultivation has sparked in the bathroom of a property in Smith’s Wood leaving two men injured.

West Midlands Fire Service were alerted to the fire at Burton’s Park Road around 2.35pm.

Three fire crews from Solihull and Sutton Coldfield were in attendance to tackle the blaze.

Two men were taken to the Queen Elizabeth with flash burns to arms, legs, neck and face.




A spokesperson for West Midlands Fire said: “We can confirm the explosion wasn’t gas-related.

“It is believed the growing of cannabis started the fire.


“Investigations are currently underway at the address.”

West Midlands Police and Ambulance Service also arrived at the scene.

Buy Photos

Buy photos online from the Solihull Observer newspaper.

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.

Printing

We can provide all of your printing needs at competitive rates.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Solihull Observer.