Birmingham hospice charity releases heart-warming animation to raise vital funds - The Solihull Observer

Birmingham hospice charity releases heart-warming animation to raise vital funds

Solihull Editorial 28th Nov, 2023   0

BIRMINGHAM Hospice has released a heart-warming animation to raise awareness of why the charity’s support is so desperately needed.

Created in collaboration with Stone’s Throw Media, ‘George’s Story’, highlights some of the ways Birmingham Hospice supports local people living with a terminal diagnosis.

Offering personalised support at home or at the hospice, Birmingham Hospice, formerly Birmingham St Mary’s and John Taylor Hospices, helps people across Birmingham to live well with their illness, right up to the very end of life.

The charity’s vision is a future where everyone with a life-limiting illness will live and die in dignity and comfort.

As ‘George’s Story’ explains, Birmingham Hospice relies on fundraised income to continue providing its services.

Each year, the charity needs to raise more than £15 million to fund its vital care – 60 per cent of this comes from the NHS, the remaining 40 per cent has to be raised through voluntary donations.




The charity’s animation is part of its wider Care at Christmas campaign, helping local people living with a terminal diagnosis receive the warmth and care they so desperately need this winter.

Visit www.birminghamhospice.org.uk/carechristmas to watch ‘George’s Story’ and learn more about how you can support  people living with a terminal diagnosis this Christmas.


Public Notices

View and download all of the public notices in the Solihull Observer.

Recruitment

Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.

Buy Photos

Buy photos online from the Solihull Observer newspaper.

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.