September 28th, 2016

Firefighters save kittens from Sheldon blaze

Firefighters save kittens from Sheldon blaze Firefighters save kittens from Sheldon blaze
Updated: 5:04 pm, Nov 20, 2015

FIRE crews rescued four kittens and two cats from a house fire in Sheldon at the weekend.

West Midlands Fire Service received a 999 call at 12.49pm on Saturday (November 14).

Crews were immediately dispathced to the property in Horrell Road where they found five people had already evacuated the property.

The fire – caused by an unattended pan – was put out and the maisonette was cleared of smoke by officers, who also rescued the family’s furry friends which were hiding in various locations around the property.

A spokeseperson for the brigade said: “This incident shows the importance of having working smoke alarms fitted in properties.

“We would also like to reinforce the message that food should never be left unattended to cook.”

Comments